Friday, June 29, 2007

NYC

My children are growing up in the south & my concern is that they are not going to experience the best city in the world, the way that I did, when I was a kid in New York City.

Central Park, The Museum of Natural History, The MET, the subway,the freaks, plays, walking everywhere.

What do they know? Spongebob, riding their bikes, chain restaurants.................it's a good life, but what perspective can they have growing up in suburbia and now on a military base?

Oy vey, as my Jewish mother would say, & wring her hands and frown/smile, who knew with her crazy temperament.

I am taking my eldest daughter to The Lion King this weekend, the play that I was going to take her to when I was hoping to go home to the city years ago. It's not Kafka, but it will do.

No comments: